Monday, April 19, 2010

I loved Sorority Row. Sue me.

The plot of Sorority Row is relatively simple: A guy is getting pranked by his sister’s sorority sisters with one of them (played by Audrina Patridge of The Hills fame/infamy, if that sort of thing matters to you) faking her death. The brother, thinking that Audrina Patridge’s character was dead, decided to be hardcore and impale her with a tire iron to the chest to make sure she was double dead or some shit. (Because if someone is dead, you totally need to go for the overkill and just fucking impale a damn corpse.) Anyway, they pretend like nothing happened for about eight months when they all start dying. Of course, they think its zombie Audrina running around and killing the idiots even though their asses totally deserved to die.

I accepted it early on during the first five minutes of the movie that I was either going to want to step on kittens or really enjoy myself. I’m glad to say that it was the latter. As clichéd as the storyline was, the film actually had some amazing comedy in it. I mean to the point where I had to resist tears.

That’s right, even though the reviews for this movie aren’t remotely good (like, at all), I enjoyed myself. It might be because I was watching it with the right person, but I was laughing my ass off the entire way through the movie. What can I say? I’m a fan of movies with a lot of sass and terribly great dialogue. I definitely think you should see it. Yes, seriously.

But, again, this could be because I saw it with the right person.

And this might be the first post where I wasn’t conservative with words like shit, fuck, and ass. Sorry.

NEXT UP: Jennifer’s Body; a horror movie that was actually meant to be hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer's Body = I cried from all the cliches. Best line I ever heard: "D'ya know how hard it is to make it as an indie band these days? There are so many of us, and we're all so cute and it's like if you don't get on Letterman or some retarded soundtrack, you're screwed, okay? Satan is our only hope."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I'd almost forgotten about this movie. I really wanted to see it. Thanks for reminding me, Mico. ;D

    ReplyDelete