Saturday, April 24, 2010

The First 3-Part Blog Story, Part II: Thursday, April 22, 2010

Looks like it’s time to continue this train wreck of a story.

So it was midnight. I was nodding off while watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. I’d already been awake since roughly 8am on Wednesday morning. I was lying down in bed, still just staring at my Social Science quiz, wondering why we were getting a quiz on Economics of all things.

I blinked. It was almost 1:30am. I looked around and wondered how the fuck did an hour fly by. I’d fallen asleep and hadn’t realized it yet. I buckled down and worked on the quiz while chatting with editor Yvette and looking up random things online. Yvette went to sleep at around 5am and I was almost done at 6am as I’d planned, but then I got stuck on two questions that made absolutely no sense to me. So there I was, skimming through my textbook and the two PowerPoints she uses in class before I just gave up at 7am chose the answers to the best of my ability. I then spent the next 20 minutes or so updating my iPod, because I needed something to make me feel completely bored, thus helping knock me out.

11:30am. Oldies and classic rock blaring. I’d almost forgotten my mom was off during my few hours of sleep. So I woke up, said good morning in a very zombified groan, dragged my feet to my TV, turned it on with my Xbox 360, and started up Fallout 3. The whole time I was playing it, I was thinking about the French quiz that was given to us on Tuesday night. Every half hour or so I’d look tell myself, “Okay, this is it. 30 more minutes.” That went on for almost four hours. I really didn’t want to do it. I didn’t even explain why I had a take home from French quiz, did I?

On Tuesday night, I was actually 20 minutes early to class. That’s a real accomplishment considering I stopped caring and started showing up just in time for class or 20 minutes late. Our French professor walked in 15 minutes before class was scheduled with tissue hanging out of her right nostril and told us that she was giving us the quiz to take home because she wasn’t feeling well. She also mentioned that she felt hot or light-headed (I forget which) and that she was going to the hospital.

Moving on, I did my quiz on my way to school on the CTA and while waiting for the classroom to get unlocked. I even worked on it while everyone was presenting the paragraphs we wrote on our families, which was the most important part of the quiz. I had a few mistakes, including one where a sentence had a Spanish-like structure, and that’s about it. I did fine on the oral portion. Other than being exhausted from only having three hours of sleep and not being able to keep up with the classwork because of the aforementioned fatigue, the rest of French class was dandy.

I took a very unpopular way home in an attempt to get home before The Office started. I forgot the CTA doesn’t like when you’re trying to get somewhere on time. I’d taken a different way that required me to walk an extra two blocks home. When I got off the bus, I ran home as fast as I could. I think it’s funny how I can’t run when I want to do it for enjoyment but I can run home to watch TV.

The Office? Totally worth it. 30 Rock was DEFINITELY worth it. 30 Rock poked a great amount of fun at the Tonight Show fiasco NBC caused way back in January. What I love most about 30 Rock is how they always include whatever happens to NBC in real life as part of the storylines that revolve around the pseudo-NBC that’s in show. That’s some good TV watching.

Friday, Friday, FRIDAY is next. I can’t wait. That should be up late tonight.

Also, if you giggled at “oral portion” like I did, get out of my head.

1 comment: