Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hello, I’m still alive, but…

Hallo there, Bloggy. I’m ALIVE! Well, kind of.

I only say kind of because I feel like I’m missing something essential to my life. Honestly, I don’t know what the hell I’m missing because it makes no sense to me.

I came back to blogging because I have more free time since I graduated on the 14th. But I’ve also been playing Final Fantasy XIII (on top of some of other games I’m still trying to get through), which is an amazing by the way. But even through that, I still feel like something’s missing.

Last night, at my friend’s place we started off talking about relationships (mainly what we did and didn’t like about them, plus problems we’ve all had in common during them), but the subject drifted towards sexuality. We don’t even know how the conversation got there, because we had a discussion after the sexuality discussion about how we even got on the topic of sexuality.

Anyway, we talked about whether there was such a thing as bisexual, with one gay man believing there is no such thing, and that there is only gay and straight. It’s his opinion of course, so I’m not judging him. Another guy, whom is also gay, thought I was gay the whole night until I joined in on the discussion and mentioned that I was bi and continued on about whatever the hell I felt needed to be contributed to the conversation. He said that he still thinks I’m gay and will continue to think of me as gay because of what I said in the conversation. I don’t mind that, really. I’ll admit that there are just some days where I feel gayer than normal.

I don’t like putting anyone’s business out there, which is way I’m leaving out names, but one female friend has been in a relationship with two girls and one guy and the first guy I mentioned in this post called her a lesbian, but more in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way. That also leads to a nice double standard. I’ve never been in an actual relationship with a guy, just girls. Wouldn’t that qualify me as straight?

But it made me wonder about myself. I can honestly say that I’ve truly and completely fallen for three people. They were actually all back in high school now that I think about it: two girls and one guy whom I actually confessed my feelings to near the end of senior year in the middle of the school’s hallway. Let’s just say that telling him my feelings was possibly the single most embarrassing moment in my life. Not only did I get rejected by him, but I also sat across the table from him in art class, so we basically had to make eye contact every day and have that awkward aversion of gaze every few minutes.

We talk now because we got over the awkwardness, and the three years since high school have been good. And as I typed this entire post, I figured out what I’m missing. I just miss having actual discussions from middle school (in the “Sacred Circle”) and high school with friends that included @notlilo, not just small tales of Chicago and one-lining quips. Looks like I’m going to have to round up the old crew so we could all feel old together.

Well, that’s where the mind of Mico is at the moment. Now that I got my lady issues out of the way (shit, someone is bound to find that offensive), it’s time to talk blog business.

I had a whole week planned out, but alas, Mico failed at his own schedule. See, the original plan for the week was:

•    Monday: We lost a few good shows this year.
•    Tuesday: CTA, step it up, pl0x.
•    Wednesday: –
•    Thursday: Thank you, Hum. I’d prefer an astronaut.
•    Friday: The First 3-Part Blog Story, Part III: Friday, April 23, 2010
•    Saturday: My name is Michael and I have a problem: The Squeakquel

But you know why that didn’t pan out? Reason the first: I can’t work when I’m hot. Chicago was unbearably hot this week and all our fans are missing. Cause deux (French): I have Final Fantasy XIII now. JRPGs (Japanese Role-playing games) require lots of time and are a bit slower passed than their western counterparts. Oh God, this game is so good. I can’t stop. I’m already on disc 3 of 3! When I’m done, I’ll give you a rundown of all the things I love about the game. I’ll search for the fans so I can work on my brand new posts for the week, which plan to be:

•    Sunday: [Possible special contribution by my friend @notlilo.]
•    Monday: We lost a few good shows this year.
•    Tuesday: CTA, step it up, pl0x.
•    Wednesday: Crater Face, meet Cat Face.
•    Thursday: Dark, perfectly.
•    Friday: The First 3-Part Blog Story, Part III: Friday, April 23, 2010
•    Saturday: My name is Michael and I have a problem: The Squeakquel

I know there isn’t much of a difference between the two lists, just Wednesday and Thursday, but still. I also plan on implementing the Facebook “Like” button on my blog somewhere, simplifying the name of the blog to “Mind of Mico,” going back to the last four or five posts to add all the missing tags, and… there was something else that I can’t quite remember at the moment. Unless, of course, the Chicago heat kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment